Place of Tourism/Temples

Thindal Murugan Temple

A famous temple for ‘Lord Muruga’ especially denoted as ‘Tamil God’ is situated in a small hill at ‘Thindal’ which is reachable 6 kmtrs from the heart of Erode Town. The area of hill is 6.25 acres and 50 mtrs height. The Mysore Kingdom’s denoted land reveals the age of the temple, more over 750 years old. The temple has been completely renovated 2 years before at a cost of 2 crore rupees through the donations of ‘Devotees’. A beautiful temple along with ‘Rajagopuram’ (main entrance) has been constructed in the peak. Along with hill steps an around road route also developed.

‘Thindal Murugan Temple’ is one of the main attraction of the town.

Peria Mariamman koil (“Territorial Godess”)

Periamariamman Temple is situated at heart of the Erode Town. According to ‘Hindu Mythology’ Mariamman is the ‘Queen godess’ having ‘Her’ own dynasity where ‘she’ is situated further having the power to eradicate the illness due to excessive heat like small pox, chicken pox, high temperature. Hence, ‘Periamariamman’ is worshipped commonly without any caste, creed, religion differenciation.

Before 1200 years ‘Kongu Cholas’ formed this temple. The area of the temple is 3500 sq.ft. The entire temple is renovated in the year 1969 by devotees.

Panguni Ther Thiruviza and Pongal is one of the special festival of the temple. During this festival each and every family of the town offering and respecting the ‘Godess’ through their ‘Ma-vilaku’ workship.

Arudra Kabaliswarar Temple

The age of this temple is 1200 years. During the period of ‘Kongu Chola’ this temple build by “Karikal Chola”.

The Sancturm Diety named “Arudra Kabaliswarar”. The Godess named “Varunambigai Amman”. Other 3 Dieties inside the temple campus are (i) Mahaganapathy, (ii) Kalyanasubramanyar, (iii) Sanesswarar.

This temple is situated in centre of Erode having 0.3530.28 sq.mtr in total. Along with 2 beautiful Rajagopuram (main entrance) this temple attracts devotees.

During the Tamil month of Masi 25, 26 & 27 each and every year the ‘Rays’ of the ‘Sun’ glitters upon the Kabaliswarar (Shivalingam) inside the sanctrum is the speciality of this temple.

The main festivals of this temple are (i) Siva Rathiri, (ii) Aani Thirumagnanam, (iii) Navarathiri, (iv) Vijayadhasami

Kasthuri Aranganathar Temple

The age of this temple is nearly 1080 years. During the period of ‘Cholas’ this temple constructed by “1st Paranthaga Chola King”.

The Sanctrum God named “Kasthuri Aranganathar”. The godess named “Kamalavalli Thayar”. Other Diety inside the temple campus is “Anjanayar”.

This temple is situated in centre of Erode having 0.2922.7 sq.mtr in total. The main festivals of this temple are (i) Vaigunda Ekadasi, (ii) Puratasi Ther Thiruviza.

Mahimaliswarar Temple

Mahimaliswarar temple has been built during the period of “Narasimha Pallava King” in 12th century.

The Sancturm God named as “Mahimaliswarar”. The godess named “Mangalambikai”. The total area of the temple situated is 0.0688 sq.mtr. with a beautiful “Rajagopuram” (main entrance). The main festivals of the temple are (i) Chithirai Sadhaya Ther Thiruviza and others.

Saint Mary’s Church

St. Mary’s Church called as town church constructed in the year 1867 and extended in 1892 having 136 years old tradition. During the year 1964 it has been renovated by Father Joseph through for help of Erode people physically and financially.

A concrete tower at a height of 100 ft. has been constructed along with holy bell. An elementary school also run by the church in that campus. Huge Jesus statue is situated in this catholic church.

Brough Church

Brough church is a CSI church having the age of 75 years. During the year 1864 Mr. Antony Watson Brough, an Australian came to India with an aim of Public Service and settled at Erode. Along with his public service activities, in the year 1928-29 he has constructed a CSI church. And in the year 1930 Arch Bishop initiated the church for worship. Since than the church has been denoted in the name of the founder as ‘Brough church’. This church is situated at centre of Erode (near to Pannerselvam park) gradually Brough church becames a land mark of Erode and the church road called as Brough road.

Railway colony Masjid

Railway colony Masjid has been constructed in the year 1948 covering 3000 sq.ft. area having the capacity of 1000 persons can conduct prayer at a time. The masjid has been constructed and organised by “Masjit executive committee” the Chairman of the committee is Mr.Sheik Dawood. Daily 5 times prayer and Friday special prayer conducted here.

Mohamoodia Masjid

A Masjid called as “Mohamodia Masjid” is situated at Thirunagar colony of Erode. In the year 1980 it has been constructed by “Muslim Welfare Committee”. Many welfare works to the muslim community has been successfully done by the committee. “Kur-on” classes have been conducted here. A facilitated community hall is constructed in the year 1990. At low rental charges fixed for marriages and other functions for the boon muslims.

In this masjid 5 times daily prayer conducted. Prayer hall is having the capacity of 500 people to make prayer at a time.


 
 
Click to Enlarge Photo!

Periya Mariamman temple

Periamariamman Temple is situated at heart of the Erode Town. According to ‘Hindu Mythology’ Mariamman is the ‘Queen godess’ having ‘Her’ own dynasity where ‘she’ is situated further having the power to eradicate the illness due to excessive heat like small pox, chicken pox, high temperature. Hence, ‘Periamariamman’ is worshipped commonly without any caste, creed, religion differenciation.

Before 1200 years ‘Kongu Cholas’ formed this temple. The area of the temple is 3500 sq.ft. The entire temple is renovated in the year 1969 by devotees.

Panguni Ther Thiruviza and Pongal is one of the special festival of the temple. During this festival each and every family of the town offering and respecting the ‘Godess’ through their ‘Ma-vilaku’ workship.

 
Click to Enlarge Photo!

Thindal Murugan temple

A famous temple for ‘Lord Muruga’ especially denoted as ‘Tamil God’ is situated in a small hill at ‘Thindal’ which is reachable 6 kmtrs from the heart of Erode Town.

The area of hill is 6.25 acres and 50 mtrs height. The Mysore Kingdom’s denoted land reveals the age of the temple, more over 750 years old.

The temple has been completely renovated 2 years before at a cost of 2 crore rupees through the donations of ‘Devotees’.

A beautiful temple along with ‘Rajagopuram’ (main entrance) has been constructed in the peak. Along with hill steps an around road route also developed.

‘Thindal Murugan Temple’ is one of the main attraction of the town.

 
Click to Enlarge Photo!

Railway colony mosque

Railway colony Masjid has been constructed in the year 1948 covering 3000 sq.ft. area having the capacity of 1000 persons can conduct prayer at a time.

The masjid has been constructed and organised by “Masjit executive committee” the Chairman of the committee is Mr.Sheik Dawood. Daily 5 times prayer and Friday special prayer conducted here.

 
Click to Enlarge Photo!

Thirunagar colony mosque

A Masjid called as “Mohamodia Masjid” is situated at Thirunagar colony of Erode. In the year 1980 it has been constructed by “Muslim Welfare Committee”. Many welfare works to the muslim community has been successfully done by the committee. “Kur-on” classes have been conducted here. A facilitated community hall is constructed in the year 1990. At low rental charges fixed for marriages and other functions for the boon muslims.

In this masjid 5 times daily prayer conducted. Prayer hall is having the capacity of 500 people to make prayer at a time.

 
Click to Enlarge Photo!

CSI church

Brough church is a CSI church having the age of 75 years. During the year 1864 Mr. Antony Watson Brough, an Australian came to India with an aim of Public Service and settled at Erode. Along with his public service activities, in the year 1928-29 he has constructed a CSI church. And in the year 1930 Arch Bishop initiated the church for worship.

Since than the church has been denoted in the name of the founder as ‘Brough church’. This church is situated at centre of Erode (near to Pannerselvam park) gradually Brough church becames a land mark of Erode and the church road called as Brough road.